The designation of an audit is the opinion of the independent CPA, that the financial statements are fairly stated in all material respects while following generally accepted accounting principles. We take a risk-based audit approach which entails spending additional time in up-front planning to identify areas of the financial statements where there is higher risk so we can leverage our knowledge of your business and experience to determine the extent of transactions to be tested.
In a review, our professionals perform inquiries and analytical procedures to determine if material modifications should be made to your financial statements.
The objective of a compilation is to present in the form of financial statements, information that is the representation of management.
Employee Benefit Planning
Employee benefit plan audits include pension, health and welfare and 401(k) plans subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) under the regulatory authority of the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).
Known for being progressive and innovative, we are always looking for tax planning opportunities that will best benefit our clients. Pointing out tax planning opportunities consistent with your goals of minimizing your international, federal, state, and local tax burden, maintains a consistency of service that we strive to meet.
Identifying the key drivers of value for a business enterprise, business interest or intangible asset requires significant training and experience. Vestal & Wiler’s Business Advisory Services Group has the expertise to deal with complex valuation issues. Our team members have accreditations in business valuation through the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the American Society of Appraisers. They have participated in well over 100 valuation engagements covering a broad range of industries for the following types of transactions:
- Estate tax and gift planning
- Buy / Sell Agreements and related planning
- Conversion from C-Corporation to S-Corporation status
- Mergers and acquisitions including purchase price allocations
- Fair value reporting including impairment analysis
- Stock options
- Shareholder disputes
Litigation support is a complex area that requires a broad range of financial skills, responsiveness, and detailed preparation along with presence, poise, objectivity, and credibility. Vestal & Wiler’s Business Advisory Group has litigation support experience in valuation, economic damages, lost profits analysis, breach of contract, forensic issues, and family law. Our professionals will bring their expertise to the following areas:
- Assistance with discovery, including review and preparation of document requests, attendance at depositions and preparation of interrogatories
- Development of claim theory and related damage issues
- Analysis of damage claims for lost profits and business interruption
- Preparation of expert witness reports
- Expert witness testimony including preparation of financial data and related information for trial
- Preparation of financial models and assistance with settlement negotiations
Transaction Advisory Services
Traditional public accounting services help clients evaluate the past and present. In a Transaction Advisory Service engagement, your business future is the ultimate vision.
Vestal & Wiler distinguishes itself from its competitors by delivering value-added services. We take an entrepreneurial approach to providing professional services. Our entrepreneurial approach centers on understanding your business, the dynamics of the industry in which you operate, and how you compete in that industry.
Buy-Side Assistance – As you know, purchasing a business brings a high level of risk, much of which can be identified and mitigated by performing proper due diligence. Vestal & Wiler’s pre- and post-transaction services help reveal risks and opportunities so you can make an informed decision about how and whether to proceed. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Assessment of the target company’s quality of earnings
- Analysis of the quality of assets and liabilities being acquired or assumed
- Determination of the target working capital
- Tax planning and most effective structure for the acquisition
Sell-Side Assistance – When it is time to sell, investors only have one shot to maximize the return on the sale. Vestal & Wiler’s merger and acquisition professionals have significant experience working on both the buy and sell-side of a transaction. The services we offer focus on looking out for your interests throughout the entire process in order to maximize the realized value of the business. These services include:
- Assessing the quality of earnings and identifying non-recurring items to maximize value and avoid surprises
- Organizing financial information and underlying support so they are easier for the buyer to understand and accept
- Performing financial due diligence on the buyer (if the purchase price includes debt or stock)
- Reviewing the purchase agreement and related terms
- Determining the most effective tax structure for the transaction
Emerging Business Services
At Vestal & Wiler, we understand that it takes a great deal to break into the business world on stable ground, and we believe in lending our financial guidance and experience to emerging businesses to empower them to success.
Vestal & Wiler is comprised of a proactive and thoughtful team. We value their relationship which touches all aspects of our business. As our company has grown, Vestal & Wiler has gone beyond the role of a traditional accounting partner and continues to provide us with first class service.Jason Rottenberg, Managing Partner, Arsenal Venture Partners